Our toddler classrooms are busy places where children learn through discovery, imitation, and repetition. The classrooms at Get Ready Set Grow Childcare have responsive care giving which requires careful observation, knowledge of child development and respect for each child’s temperament, interests and capabilities. In the toddler classroom children maintain a consistent daily routine involving:
- Language Rich Environment – Language development is promoted through the caregiver use of simple words while keeping a balance between listening and talking with the child. The classroom provides an environment rich with age-appropriate books, interesting pictures and photos to talk about and label.
- Dramatic Play – Children imitate their environment and develop vocabulary while playing side by side with peers.
- Music and Movement – Children enjoy singing, dancing, and playing instruments.
- Blocks – Children learn about math, science, and spatial relationships as they build their own masterpieces.
- Art Time – Children take pride in their artistic accomplishments while exploring with paint, markers, glue, scissors, crayons, clay, and tissue paper.
- Meal Times – Children understand that meal time is a relaxing time to talk with friends. Teachers use this time to discuss healthy lifestyle habits.
- Physical Play – Children cannot wait to exercise and move, whether inside or outside, making their bodies healthy and strong while climbing, running, and jumping.
- Sensory Play – Children love to explore through touch. They learn about measurement, cause and effect, objects and actions, as they manipulate difference sizes and textures of items.
- Story Time – Children explore rhythm, rhyme, and story elements while developing a love of reading!
- Social and Emotional Teachings – Teachers model appropriate interactions between children. Special teaching is given to help children learn how to sooth themselves when they are excited, frustrated, or upset. Through continual teaching children begin to show awareness and respond appropriately to the feelings of others.
- Math Time – Children learn about numbers and counting. They complete simple puzzles and demonstrate understanding of measurement concepts such as big/little, short/tall, heavy/light.
- Nap Time – Children enjoy a calm and restful time to unwind while snuggling with a favorite blanket brought from home and listening to relaxing music.
Through This Program, Toddlers:
- Develop Singing Skills
- Develop a Steady Beat
- Develop Listening and Attention Skills
- Develop Gross-Motor Skills
- Practice Turn Taking
- Exploring Instrument Sounds
- Develop Fine Motor Control
- Learn Relaxation Techniques
- Establish Rituals
- Based on Research-Based Objectives
- Contains Daily Instructional Tools
- Focuses on Routines and Experiences